Trekking and caving in Transylvania

This photo blog is intended for all who are interested in hiking, trekking and caving in Transylvania. You don't have to live here. Even if you will probably never hike in Transylvania, you are welcome to read my trip reports and enjoy the photos. We do have some fantastic places here in Transylvania, high mountains, canyons, waterfalls and around 12,000 caves. So, check back frecvently, as updates happen very often.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Self-made snowshoes

Last week I have decided to try my new self-made snowshoes, made from polypropylene pipe and banner-material.
r2012.jpg

So, I went on a hike to the Piatra Singuratica (The Single Stone), situated in the Hasmas Mountains.

Piatra Singuratica offers a beautiful view over the Ciuc depression (the area where I live) and is separated by a saddle from the top of Ecem's rocky walls, 1696 m (this time I came through this mountain pasture) and Hasmasul Mare peak, 1793 m (which I would like to hike next time this winter).
Peter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home