Trekking and caving in Transylvania

This photo blog is intended for all who are interested in hiking, trekking and caving in Transylvania. You don't have to live here. Even if you will probably never hike in Transylvania, you are welcome to read my trip reports and enjoy the photos. We do have some fantastic places here in Transylvania, high mountains, canyons, waterfalls and around 12,000 caves. So, check back frecvently, as updates happen very often.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Romania Trip Log, Day 10, June 19

Got 4 “wiener-wursts” for breakfast this a.m. plus the usual milk/sugared coffee. Paid the room, asked the young lady to inspect the room to see if I’d left it OK, she said yes. Peter arrived and we loaded up for the trip to Sibiu Airport. We arrived at the airport around 10am, Peter stayed and talked until about noon, then we said our goodbyes and he headed back home. The flight back to Munich, Germany left in mid-afternoon, I arrived in Munich at 5pm and was picked up by my brother-in-law for the trip back to his home, where I would spend the next several days (until June 29) before returning to the US from Munich. Postlogue: So many wonderful experiences and impressions, it will take months to process them all fully. However, this I can attest to: Peter is one serious hiker; he is also learning “caving” and is into “geocaching” with the most caches in his area of Romania. From his email to me today (July 16, 2007) he had just completed holding his own first hiking/caving clinic for which he had 7 participants; he hopes to do this annually and extend the number of days. Please visit Peter at this website: www.trekkingklub.com and also visit some of his links. To see the photos Peter took of our trip together use the website: www.trekkingklub.com/ed.php The photos are arranged by dates which should correspond to my narrative above. You can correspond with Peter and I highly recommend travel to Romania, the hiking opportunities are numerous and challenging, the people I encountered warm and friendly, the food hearty and filling, and since Romania was just ac- cepted into the EU this year (2007) prices are very reasonable compared to western Europe. Go and enjoy!!! Ed Kindley, Wildwood, MO (I’m 70+ and not the world’s best hiker but if I can do it so can you.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home